Sunday, November 17, 2013

Gone Till November

Decided to head back east and spend the summer in Tanzania. The last couple months took me on a roller coast ride from the rivers of the Okavango (hunting crocs) then spending cold nights in the Kalahari desert then finding my way to the  rapidly developing towns of Northern Namibia.


I saw a side of Namibia you will never hear off in Windhoek. There are so many wonders in the landscape and the amount of conservation going on is implacable.

 The work experience out of Windhoek  really Changed my perspective 180 degrees. There is lots of Government spending on infrastructure development and lots more on education, For example I was in remote villages and would meet a young teacher maybe 23 years  teaching Computer literacy to kids that do not even have a tv at home .  


                Truly this is the Land of the Brave.


 The whole experience taught me that Private Public Partnerships are difficult to achieve at local level, situations in the field are difficult to be planned of-site you can only prepared for the worst and money at times will not fix all the problems especially related to cultural practices and other social dynamics.  I call this the This is Africa Factor.


My favorite part of Namibia will have to be Otjozondijuba region I loved the winter night sky and the beef there has to be the best tasting beef in the world.




 Now the town I loved the most will have to be Gobabis was a true melting pot of Namibian tribes  and people there know how to have a good time with not as much violence as compared to Windhoek. Maybe it due to the ratio of number of churches to the number of bars I estimate it at 1 to 1.

Looking back at the last Quarter It was great working with everyone at UNAM more especially the Multi disciplinary research center and all the technicians from the Ministry of Education and the Good people of Orange IT and Gijima. TechNA!


They say a picture says a thousand words click here for more pictures!!


No comments:

Post a Comment